The 5th Garden Route Interface and Networking (GRIN) Meeting will take place from 10-12 October 2023 (3 full days) at , Knysna, South Africa.
GRIN provides a space for sharing experiences and latest insights related to the management, research and sustainability of social-ecological systems (e.g. estuaries, protected areas, peace parks, agricultural landscapes, rural villages, cities and catchments) from around the world. GRIN aims to be practitioner relevant and specifically cater for managers, rangers and policy makers to share their real-life stories/experiences and participate in discussions.
Presentation themes that have emerged to date and that remain relevant for the 2023 meeting are:
- Understanding human–nature connections (including through the use of social media data, and post COVID-19);
- Strategies used to promote knowledge exchange among science, policy and practice;
- Sustainable resource use and balancing benefits and conflicts related to services from nature;
- Governance and management approaches for social-ecological systems;
- Monitoring and evaluation approaches for social-ecological systems;
- Resilience, adaptations and transformations in social-ecological systems; responding to climate and other drivers of change;
- Lessons from forums and processes that aim to promote co-learning, knowledge sharing and collaboration among diverse stakeholders; and
- Methods/approaches for studying social-ecological systems.
Please don’t feel constrained by the above themes – we encourage a wide scope of presentations related to the people-nature and science-practice interfaces.
Abstract submission no later than 30 June 2023
Registration and final payment (R2 500 per delegate and R2 000 for registered students) no later than 15 August 2023
The Mooring offer a range of accommodation options and a small discount for GRIN delegates. However, we have not made a block booking for GRIN and to avoid disappointment we encourage prospective delegates to make early bookings.
See GRIN website for submission and registration details.